About Victoria Beach Yacht Club
"It pretty much started in my garage, I was building a sail boat when Dick Quinton dropped by and mentioned that there were a few guys that were thinking of starting a yacht club at the beach. He inquired as to the boat I was building, which was an Enterprise.
The long and short of it was that Kildonan canoe were starting to build Enterprises hence that made the decision easy there were seven including mine. We built the little shed as a start then Arnie Little and I went out to the CNR yards in Transcona, tramped through the snow and picked out a caboose to serve as a club house for a hundred and twenty five dollars. We then contacted Bert McGregor at Sherbrook Motors who hauled it to the beach, hence we were underway."
Meet the Board Members of VBYC
- Commodore - Brad Scott
- Secretary - Jeremey Ritsema
- Treasurer - AJ Tooley
- Communications - Rick Demetrioff
- Race Committee - JC Degange and Wilie Reimer
- Fundraising Chair - Jon Beardsley
- Facilities Chair - Dan Schott
- Facilities Committee - Chris Chipman
- Facilities Committee - Ryan Pollard
- Sail Manitoba Liaison - Ryan Van Berkel
- Youth Development - Olivia Thompson